Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tumeric

tumeric def

Why did I choose tumeric for my first post? Probably because I used some last night in the French onion soup I made. I try to sprinkle a little bit on everything that is savory. It really doesn't alter the taste of what you are making too much, and the health benefits are amazing.

I first discovered tumeric when I had breast cancer. It was about 3 weeks before my mastectomy surgery and I decided that I would shrink the tumor myself. I did some research online and found a list of things that helped fight cancer. For 3 weeks prior I ate everything on the list, totally cleaning out my system.

The bad news is, the tumor didn't shrink. The good news is, it didn't get any bigger.

My tumor was steadily growing even though I received 8 rounds of chemo. I wish I would have found this list 6 months prior. I really have come to believe that food, good and bad food, really effects your health.

Not that I had eaten badly prior to getting cancer. I actually prided myself in knowing what was good and what was bad to eat. Good fats, bad fats... heck, I'd been to Weight Watchers, I knew how to eat healthy... or so I thought.

There are so many hidden things in processed foods. I hope to open some eyes with my blog. My eyes have been opened, and I have come to see that processed foods are the devil. Beware of them.

I try to eat "clean". (I'll talk about clean another day.)

Back to tumeric... after my epiphany, I went to the local health food store and bought the spice. It is said that tumeric sprinkled on cauliflower has shown to prevent prostate cancer, and prevent the spread of breast cancer to the lungs.

Now that last one, well, it's enough to make me run out and buy tumeric!!

Whether or not you have cancer, you may want to sprinkle on the tumeric. I found a list of 20 health benefits of tumeric.

My bible, Anti Cancer A New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber, MD, Phd, dedicates 3 whole pages to tumeric.

Here are a few ways that I personally use tumeric, and I don't make Indian food... although I might try in the future!

I saute some broccoli with soy sauce and some Chinese hot chilli sauce and sprinkle some tumeric on it.

Sprinkle tumeric on roasted veggies, in sauces, soups, on eggs, salads... anything savory. Like I said, it really doesn't change the taste much.

TUMERIC: to eat or not to eat, that is the question.

The answer, TUMERIC ~ definitely to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment